1. Do you meet the requirements listed on our web page for your program? Requirements
Not to worry! Maybe you have found yourself ineligible for being an au pair but please, call us to help you to find a solution what to do. Training
2. Do you have significant experience caring for children in either inside or outside of your family home?
Take some time to gain additional skills before the au pair program. Not to worry! Our au pair training program will prepare you to be a successful au pair. Training
3. Are you ready to adjust your lifestyle to meet the schedule and expectations of your host family, and a potentially different way of life abroad?
Take some time to consider your mind-set before moving forward. Your responsibilities could often begin early in the day and include work in the evening as well.
4. Have you taken any formal classes or training in child care? Experience and training with children is an asset for this program. Be sure to mention this on your application.
If you don't have formal training, you may still participate in this program, as it's not a requirement.
We provide you with a special au pair training, to be ready for the program. Training
5. Have you ever lived abroad, in a boarding school or friends of yours before? The ability to adapt to a family environment will be an asset.
If this is a new experience entirely for you, know that it takes commitment and regular communication with your family to get the most from this experience.
6. Do you speak at least a basic level of the language where your program will take place or intermediate English language? Second language skills will help you immensely during your time abroad.
For most of our au pair programs you are required to have at least a basic knowledge of the local language. Communication is essential and crucial living with a host family, getting to know other culture. Please, practice as much as possible before the application.
7. Have you ever lived abroad for an extended period?
Most of our participants have not lived abroad. However, you must be sure, you will be able to commit to the full program period and the responsibilities involved.
Please contact us, to kick off your application process to be an au pair abroad. Contact /Apply